Google finally confirms that page load time affects your PPC Quality Score. You can follow more of the conversation in both WebmasterWorld and Search Engine Watch Forums. It will be interesting to see if Yahoo's Quality Score calculation follows!
Here are the details:
- This factor is not yet live yet.
- There is no official date as to when it will go live.
- Google thought they would launch it, so they put it in the FAQs but did pulled back and forgot to remove it from the full dump FAQs.
- Google planned an Inside AdWords blog post to announce this in advance.
- We will probably see a blog post on this within a week at Google's blog.
- Google confirmed the page load time grade will be displayed on the Keyword Analysis Page.
- "Several weeks" after you see your page load time grade, the page load time metric will be used in the overall AdWords quality score.
Some important questions remain, however. What happens if a site is having temporary server issues, does that advertiser have to suffer for a whole month until Google checks the page load time again? How many seconds is considered a bad page load time? And so on... I assume these questions will be addressed in the AdWords blog post that is likely coming within a week.