Yahoo! Minimum Bids are no Longer Fixed at $.10
Starting April 18th, the minimum bids for some Yahoo! Sponsored Search keywords are no longer fixed at $.10. Minimum bids can now be lower or higher than $.10. Content Match minimum bids currently will remain at $.10.
Throughout the next 1-2 weeks, you may start noticing new minimum bids on some of the keywords in your Yahoo! Sponsored Search account. It is important to note that you will be notified by email and within your account when the status of any of your keywords are affected.
So, what does this all mean?
The amount set as your minimum bid on a keyword in Sponsored Search can vary depending on multiple factors, such as:
•The number of bidders and bid amounts in the particular keyword market
•The quality of your keywords, or their relevance to advertisers, as measured by the quality of the ads associated with them
• Yahoo Sponsored Search minimum bids are no longer fixed at $.10.
• Yahoo Content Match minimum bids currently will remain at $.10.
• Higher ad quality score may help you receive lower minimum bids.
• This change currently applies to U.S. accounts only.
• Yahoo recommends logging into your account regularly to check keyword status.